Dear All Citizens staff members:
This is an extraordinarily challenging time; the coronavirus outbreak has required all of us to make changes in the way we work, live and interact with each other. As always, we remain focused on the health and well-being of the people we support and our staff members.
We are continuing to monitor information from our public health agencies and implement recommendations across our programs. To date we have implemented the following:
- Provided training on universal precautions and the importance of hand washing
- Encouraged staff members to stay home if they are not feeling well
- Suspended residents participation in day habilitation services
- Suspended ComeUnity sports programs, recreation and respite programs
- Restricted face to face visits by Self-Direction staff members/Fiscal Intermediaries
- Restricted the gathering of large groups; reinforcing social distancing throughout all settings
Additionally, and effective immediately, the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities has restricted all visits to certified residential programs, unless medically or clinically necessary. No family or friends will be allowed to enter any of the ICFS or IRAs operated by our program. We are in the process of informing all family and friends of this most recent restriction.
In an effort to balance health and safety with social-emotional needs and prevent isolation, we are offering alternatives for families to connect with their loved ones (for example: telephone contact, Skype, Facetime). Many thanks in advance to all house managers and supporting staff members who will work with our families to determine how to best create this vital communication.
Further and effective immediately,
All ICF staff members are required (by OPWDD) to have their temperature taken and answer the following questions before being permitted into the house
All IRA staff members are required to self-report temperature and answer the following questions before being permitted in the house:
- Have you traveled to a country within the last 14 days for which the CDC has issued a Level 2 or 3 travel designation?;
- To your knowledge, have you had contact with any Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, OR with anyone known to have COVID-19?; and
- Do you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath)?
The health and safety of the people we support, our staff members, and our community remain our highest priority. Thank you for all that you are doing to protect the lives of the people in our care and the health and safety of your fellow staff members.
Stanfort J. Perry, Executive Director